Monday, March 26, 2012

THE MASKS.

This morning we have a small little nice meeting, long time since we had one that's nice. In my terms at least.

So again and again, every action has to be justified. I have to keep reminding myself this point because it reminds me of why I'm doing it. Can't be on stage for no reason. And it is said that everything on stage is a Verb. An action. I'll be interested to get that book Rey showed us. Damn I forgot most of the important details today. Ill be sure to take a notebook with me next class.

Today we finally did Characterization. Most of us including me have been waiting for this for a very long time. I learnt the essences about masks. One should not touch the face of the mask, or lie the mask face-down on the table. Each mask has different personalities compared to white masks, called the neutral masks. I also learnt that when the mask is put on, you are now known as, the mask itself. Let the mask absorb you.

Nonetheless, each of us got to wear the mask and do a series of acts with it, with Rey and the crowd in command. The key to it was, don't think of what the mask can do for you, because you won't have time to think at all. It was fun playing around with the masks. I got to wear the blond wig that David wanted so bad, hahahaha.

Friday up, Neutral Scenes. Another round of beat sheets and scrips coming up..

No comments:

Post a Comment