Thursday, March 1, 2012

Monday 27/2/2012

I was feeling sick, Monday blues. Anyway I just got home from an almost 18 hour day of assignments, presentation on politics which I'm not keen on, as well as preparing for music stuff, but I digress.

I can't remember any significant progress for me that day, but I'll talk on a few that interested me. We had to walk around, being split into A and B. Acting the roles of opposites, such as Rich and Poor, walking chest up, big strides, as well as walking with feet inwards, low paces. Rey has termed it as the 'Status Game'.

Everyday, we look at different people with a sense of status. We judge them on a daily basis, friends, new people, even family members sometimes.

Next activity was about having to choose one block to sit on. With 2 people on each block on the floor, we were given a part of a script to follow. It was about a jewellery store. One person acts as the jeweller, the other acts as a customer. The roles we have to play are about being passive then aggressive, and vice versa to the partner. Transitions between passive and aggressive can happen suddenly as well as gradually.

Reflecting on today's lesson, the one that can be applied to my life is the status game. I observe this specifically on everybody I know, just about everyday. The level which I judge them on, and to each different individual how they place me on their own ladder of status, I am very aware of it.


Note: No matter who judges you, no amount of judgement should deter who you are and what you should do. Do not waver, for in it lies the benign signs of reform, and ultimately destroying you. Be who you are to be.

Yours truly,
- Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment