Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday 5/3/2012

For the first time I was 'early' to class. Well I cheated because I didn't sleep that night. I was so afraid of being late to class after attending classes late for 3 times in a row already. Sleep deprived, I zonked out after class in SLC.

Today we paired up on alot of activities. We finally had the chance to talk crap today. I have THTR101 background so I'm familiar with this. One must speak non-stop about a topic, and blabber non-stop about it. Then when we were asked to find a partner, we blabbered to each other about it.

Then a slight twist began. In the midst of our blabbering, we have to catch what your partner is talking and slip his words into your own story-telling, while imitating gestures that your partner does.

Next, while applying that concept, comes the 'interruption'. This is called Give and Take, as learnt in THTR101. When one talks, the other must catch a keyword and starts to talk, and the other person gives him the opportunity to talk, and vice versa. This trains us to learn a silent form of chemistry of acting in stage; the spotlight is not on you, it's on the stage.


PS. Mid terms on friday.

1 comment:

  1. Journal is inadequate so far. Missing: mid term work, object exercises, beat sheets, and scoring for scenes so far. Your entries on the classes are unfocussed and superficial.

    65/100

    ReplyDelete